Who’s up for a game of “Scrum Jeopardy”?
This game was an easy way for me to create a fun learning experience for my Scrum Teams. Below I have included Game Materials and Game Tips based on my experience.
- Buzzers (optional)
- Laptop with access to Playfactile
- Presentation tool (TV, large monitor, projector, etc.)
I purchased buzzers off Amazon to make the game more interactive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004
2. Laptop with access to Playfactile
In order to use Playfactile you must create a user name and password. Playfactile has a free version of Jeopardy that includes step by step directions. Here’s an example of the game I used with my team. https://www.playfactile.com/agilescrumjeopardy
3. Presentation tool (TV, large monitor, projector, etc.)
A presentation tool is not mandatory but makes it fun for the team to follow along.
- Do a dry run
- Define the rules with your team before the game starts
- Consider picking a game judge
1. Do a dry run
It was helpful for me to review the game ahead of time including all questions and answers.
2. Define the rules with your team before the game starts
Before I started the game I had my team establish game rules
Example 1: Each team must nominate one representative to answer questions
Example 2: If an answer is not phrased in the form of a question it doesn’t count
3. Consider picking a game judge
A judge would be responsible for:
- Enforcing game rules
- Making decisions about acceptable answers
If you choose to have a game judge I would suggest including them in your dry run.